The OPI San Francisco Collection for Fall 2013 includes fifteen OPI Nail Lacquers ($9 USD / $10.95 CAD) inspired by street chic style and West Coast flair. The collection features a palette ranging from sky and sea-colored hues of blues and grey to reds, burgundies and browns inspired by some of the San Francisco’s most iconic elements- Chinatown, the Golden Gate bridge and the Embarcadero. This limited-edition collection will be available August 9, 2013 at OPI retailers.
The shades include…
- Peace & Love & OPI: Holographic sage green and eggplant purple
- Lost On Lombard: Garnet red cream
- Incognito in Sausalito: Nearly-black blue
- Muir Muir On The Wall: Deep plum
- Dining Al Frisco: Fresh air-blue shimmer
- In The Cable Car-Pool Lane: Rich burgundy cream
- Haven’t The Foggiest: Metallic grey
- Keeping Suzi At Bay: Navy blue cream
- I Knead Sour-Dough: Warm brown cream
- First Date At The Golden Gate: Shimmery ruby red
- A-Piers To Be Tan: Chocolate tan cream
- Embarca-Dare Ya!: Magenta pink with gold shimmer
- Wharf! Wharf! Wharf!: Matte blue liquid sand
- It’s All San Andrea’s Fault: Earthy taupe liquid sand
- Alcatraz… Rocks!: Multi-color glitter on grey liquid sand
This collection is a little larger than usual, with 15 nail lacquers (instead of the usual 12), three of which are the textured “Liquid Sand” polishes. Overall, I find the collection to be quite strong with a couple unique shades, a good variety in texture, consistent quality and a great color palette. Some of the unique shades that stood out to me are Muir Muir On The Wall, It’s All San Andrea’s Fault and Alactraz…Rocks! (my personal favorite of the collection). I found Keep Suzi At Bay to be a great dupe for the famous YSL Bleu Majorelle and Peace & Love & OPI is quite similar to the new Essie For The Twill of It.
All of the polishes in the collection only needed two coats for an opaque finish, and tend to last 2-3 days without chipping (which is average for regular nail polishes). I love the extra-wide brush applicator as I find it makes the application quick, easy and clean- just like you got them done at the salon!
There’s a few shades in the bunch that are easily duped (or you probably already have them in your collection), like Lost On Lombard and First Date At The Golden Gate (still pretty… just not very unique). OPI definitely did a great job of channeling the colors of San Francisco’s key features, and anyone who lives in, vacations to or just loves the city will appreciate the collection and everyone will love the quality and dynamic shade range.
[tab id=1]$9 USD / $10.95
- Amount: 0.5oz / 15mL
- Value: $18 USD per oz / $21.90 CAD per oz
[tab id=2]Limited Edition. Available August 9, 2013 at:
- OPI retailers