The OPI Skyfall Collection for Holiday 2012 includes twelve OPI Nail Lacquers ($8.50 USD / $9.95 CAD each) in celebration of the 50th Anniversary of the iconic James Bond series. Named after the most 23rd installment and most recent 007 film, Skyfall (which was amazing, by the way), the entire collection features six polishes playing off of the movie’s seductive theme and six polishes inspired by the danger and mystery of the film.
This limited-edition holiday collection is available now at select spas, salons and other OPI retailers.
The shades include…
- GoldenEye: Warm, rich gold shimmer
- The Spy Who Loved Me: Warm, orange-red
- The Living Daylights: Blue, silver, orange and gold multi-color glitter
- Tomorrow Never Dies: Rich periwinkle blue
- You Only Live Twice: Pink-based shimmery red
- Moonraker: Semi-matte grey
- Casino Royale: Deep wine
- Skyfall: Burgundy red
- On Her Majesty’s Secret Service: Slate grey with muti-color shimmer
- Live And Let Die: Blackened green with gold shimmer
- Die Another Day: True red with subtle gold shimmer
- The World Is Not Enough: Gunmetal duo chrome
I’ve always been a huge fan of OPI Nail Lacquers- they are an incredibly well-rounded, salon-quality polish line and a mid price range. I find OPI to be the most consistent with quality amongst their collections, the vast majority of polishes only requiring a standard 2 coats for an opaque finish. The same holds true for this one in particular (except for The Living Daylights which will require 3-4 coats for an opaque glitter finish).
OPI polishes usually last about 3-4 days without chipping and I find are the easiest to apply because of the extra-wide brush (its wide, but not too wide for my petite nails). My favorites from the collection include GoldenEye (great for holiday parties), Moonraker (such a unique, almost dolphin-skin like shade and texture) and The World Is Not Enough (just because I love gunmetal shades).
I feel like this large collection contained a good balance of textures as well as unique shades amongst classic ones as well.
- Price: $8.50 USD / $9.95 CAD for 6 x 0.5oz / 15 mL
- Availability: OPI Salons, spas & retailers
- Overall: I’m quite a fan of this collection, not only because I really love the James Bond series, but because I find it to be a well-rounded collection. The shades were all fairly pigmented, easy to apply and I was happy to see a good variety in the collection.
- Rating: A-