Another beauty brand from Canada, eh! It’s the Pari Beauty Black Tie Palette ($45 CDN)…and here are my thoughts!
The packaging is probably the most awkward I’ve ever seen in a palette. Not only does it fold out around itself, but the applicators (loosely placed) are in the top layer which means you need to open it upside down to prevent them from falling out each time, and the lipgloss in the second layer (also loosely placed) falls out unless you open it upside down again. It’s rather confusing (you can watch the video to get a better idea of my struggles with it).
Inside you’ll find four applicators, a bronzer, a highlighter and 10 eyeshadows (neutrals & smoky shades). The palette looks gorgeous when its all laid out pretty, but I don’t think its the most practical palette, especially for professional use as its intended.
The first thing I’ll say is that all the products (maybe except the lip product) are top quality- everything is super pigmented with incredible payoff. The problem is that for some of the products, the pigment they chose probably isn’t the right one… you’ll see.
- Bronzer: This warm-toned bronzer (almost a little TOO warm toned, its quite golden…a little orange) is packed with shimmer. Super gorgeous as an eyeshadow, but a little too much for my liking to be bronzing the face with.
- Highlighter: Appears gorgeous in the palette, I was so excited for this one. But it actually comes off a bit dark for a highlighter. Still works when used lightly, but this ultra frosty powder is much more gorgeous when used as an eyeshadow.
- Lipgloss: This raspberry pink lipgloss isn’t my fav, that’s for sure. It’s very thin and a bit greasy, with a touch of color, but nothing spectacular. It also smells OVERLY fruity and looks nothing like the face done up on the front of the palette.
- Eyeshadows: These are sure-fire winners. I love the pigmentation, texture and softness of them (the black one lacks a bit in the pigmentation department though). I love the range of shades included, and they look so gorgeous together. Totally impressed by these!
The hardest thing about this palette is how hit-or-miss it is…which is a bit of a deal breaker at $45. Even if you just got it for the eyeshadows, you’re still paying less than $5 each, and you’ll get a few bonus products that you may end up liking (I think the highlighter would be gorgeous for medium to dark skin tones… it was just a little too deep for my light complexion).
- Price: $45 CDN
- Availability: Pari Beauty
- Overall: Hit or Miss- Don’t like the lipgloss, the face products are great quality but the shades aren’t the most universal or flattering and the eyeshadows are outstanding. Tough to decide on this one, but the overall high quality of the product sways me in a good direction.
- Rating: A-