Here’s the second palette from Pari i’ll be reviewing today (two reviews in one day, woot!) it’s the Pari Beauty Tricks of the Trade Palette ($69 CDN), and here are my thoughts…
The packaging is a lot more practical in this palette, in comparison to the Black Tie palette. It’s simply got one large lid that lifts up to reveal all the products underneath and it has a nice large mirror too. It’s light, and the eyeshadows are removable (and conveniently the same size as a MAC eyeshadow…so they can fit nicely into a MAC Palette if you wish).
My only gripe with the packaging would be the two lip glosses right below the eyeshadows (especially the lightest lipgloss right below the black eyeshadow). Mine keep getting dirty, and I keep having to fish out eyeshadow out of them…which is a pain. I feel like eventually they will just have so much eyeshadow I’ll give up and count the glosses as loss. Shame, because the glosses look very pretty! Wish they would have some sort of plastic barrier/cover on them.
There is also a double-ended applicator (which I don’t even think it should include, being a ‘professional’ palette…I don’t know any pro makeup artists that use those included applicators).
This kit includes eight eyeshadows, two lip glosses, one blush, one matte highlighter, one shimmery bronzer, one shimmery highlighter and a luminescent highlighter/primer. The pigmentation in these products are just as amazing, if not better, than the previous Black Tie palette I reviewed.
- Eyeshadows: There are three neutral shades, three color shades and two smoky shades, all of which have incredible pigmentation. They are soft, blendable and smooth. The colours are especially vibrant which is nice to see! Even the black eyeshadow in this palette is spectacular. Amazing set of eyeshadows!
- Lip Glosses: There are two lip glosses, one deep raspberry with purple and silver shimmer, and a light peach one with micro gold shimmer. Both are beautifully pigmented, but smell really sweet…like candy or watermelon. It’s almost a bit too much…. they are super thick and sticky, which makes them great for photos but perhaps not so much in daily life (combined with the fact they are subject to attack by loose eyeshadow fall out…)
- Blush: This coral peach blush is really gorgeous, it has a tiny bit of gold shimmer, but not so much that it’s overpowering. It looks beautiful on the skin and leaves a nice glow.
- Highlighter: It’s nice to see a matte/satin highlighter in this set, along with all the shimmery products. It is very white though, so it might look a little ashy on medium skin tones or darker.
- Shimmery Highlighter: This is the most gorgeous highlighter! It’s soft and creamy, with a pink shimmer it gives the most beautiful candlelit glow. I’d go easy on it, because it’s super pigmented and shimmery so a little goes a long way.
- Bronzer: A similar story to the Black Tie palette…this bronzer is quite warm (golden orange) with a lot of shimmer. I would have loved to see a matte bronzer in this palette because of all the highlighter options and the fact the blush has shimmer too.
- Primer: This product is very similar to Benefit High Beam in color and tone, but its a little more liquidy. It says it can be used as a primer, but I would really only use it as an illuminator over top of makeup on the cheekbones or eyes. It’s very pretty, but the glow comes from shimmer (again) so you don’t want that all over the face.
Again, a little bit of a hit-or-miss palette, but I think the pros outweigh the cons in this case. If you take care of the palette and go lightly on the face products I think you’ll be fine. I think the eyeshadows and the shimmery highlighter and blush are really outstanding. The price is a quite a bit more on this palette, which is a bit of a shame because you do get fewer eyeshadows. All in all, its something you’d have to weigh out and see which products you’d prefer when deciding.
- Price: $69 CDN
- Availability: Pari Beauty
- Overall: An improvement over the Black Tie palette, but still a little questionable (the bronzer & packaging….I wish those lip glosses had a cover on them)! Incredible quality and pigmentation all around though.
- Rating: A