I’ve featured a whole bunch of new products from Physicians Formula over the past few weeks, and here’s the last of the group- it’s the Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Eyeliner Trios ($10.95 USD / $14.79 CDN for three eyeliners) and they sure give you a great bang for your buck with their 3-for-1 price!
Each set contains three skinny twist-up eyeliners (which are retractable), and each include a sharpener at the base as well. I love how sleek the pencils are, and it’s helpful that the coordinating shades all share the same color band (gold for Nude Eyes and silver for Smoky Eyes). While I do like the convenience of twist-up eyeliners, they can dry out much faster (I even had to break off the tip of one to reveal and more creamy texture underneath so it wouldn’t tug my eyes).
This is my first introduction to Physician Formula eyeliners, and I must say that for less than $5 each, they are pretty fantastic! Each set comes with three complementary colors to line and define your eyes, and you can combine them all in a single look or just use them individually. All of the eyeliners also have a bit of shimmer in them (some are more metallic while some are more glittery). I definitely would have wished for at least one matte eyeliner in each group, but then again they are part of the Shimmer Strips range, so you’ll have to assume they will be shimmery.
These eyeliners are pretty pigmented and glided on fairly well- I am quite used to super creamy eyeliners like the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Perversion, so it was quite the change being a more dry formula. They are still smudgeable and I’m able to smooth them out with a brush, but I have to work quickly because they will dry and set quite fast on the eye. I was quite impressed with how they held up on the waterline, but they did fade after a couple hours all over the eye (no smudging though)!
The Nude Eyes set contains:
- Black: A glittery soft black; pretty good for smokey eyes or smudging in the lash line to create the illusion of thicker lashes.
- Pewter: Confused by the name, this definitely looks like a warm brown (I associate Pewter with a grey shade), but still nice none-the-less. I like it on my lower lashes in particular.
- Champagne: a mid-tone taupe that is more metallic than shimmery. Looks good on the waterline, but too deep to highlight the inner corner with.
The Smoky Eyes set contains:
- Black: A much deeper, more pigmented black than the Nude Eyes set, still with flecks of glitter.
- Charcoal: A gunmetal grey (this looks much more like a Pewter to me), really pretty for helping to smoke out eyeliner.
- Silver: A metallic silver that also looks great on the waterline but is light enough to use as an inner corner highlighter too (not too pigmented though).
- Price: $10.95 USD / $14.79 CDN for a set of 3
- Availability: Drugstore.com and other drugstores
- Selection: Available in Nude Eyes and Smoky Eyes (both shown here)
- Overall: A great value- three eyeliners for the price of one! I like how the shades complement each other in the set and they are pretty good. Some are more pigmented than others, and I did experience some fading, but overall they are a great way to expand your eyeliner collection without breaking the bank. Use them together or alone!
- Rating: B+