I’ve heard a whole lot about Pixi Beauty in recent months, the ‘makeup to wakeup’ brand simplifying beauty routines for women all over the world. The creator, Petra Strand, developed the line to be multi-tasking, youth-enhancing and flaw-fixing for women on the go. The products are infused with good-for-your-skin ingredients to make them even better! Lately I’ve been trying out a couple products from the line, and I simply cannot wait to get my hands on some more… let’s take a look!
Pixi Beauty packaging is simplistic, pretty and a little magical- the pale green boxes with delicate detailing remind me of a fantasy fairy tale theme (I think we’re channelling Tinkerbell’s pixie dust here). Overall its cute, feminine and charming. The packaging of the actual products themselves is sturdy and high quality- always great to see in a smaller brand. I’ll go more in depth about each individual products’ packaging separately.
The Flawless Beauty Primer ($28 USD / $31 CDN) in this one-color-suits-all shade EvenSkin, is an anti-aging primer packed with nourishing vitamins, minerals and amino acids to tone and hydrate the skin. This is an illuminating primer, and boy- does it do that. This is probably one of the ‘glowiest’ primers I’ve ever used, leaving my skin look so illuminated its almost oily-looking (definitely not hiding any pores). It does tone down, yet still remain very glowy after I applied a natural finish foundation.
This is great for those who are always seeking that youthful glow, but for anyone with oily skin I would stay away.Even for my normal skin it’s just too glowy for all-over my face- I’d rather just add the glow where I want it. Having said that, it does work really well as a primer, holding my foundation in place all day and even though it enhanced pores when used alone, it helped my foundation hide imperfections even more.
The Lip Balm Duo
The Succulent Lip Twin ($18 USD / $20 CDN) is a lip-loving duo, packed with natural oils and extracts to condition and protect lips while adding a hint of color. I tried out shade Nude Lily, a gorgeous peachy nude shade. The lip balm looked gorgeous with its satin sheen finish and felt really smooth on my lips- the only thing was that the large ball was a bit hard to apply precisely to my lips, making me having to pay extra attention to the application. Because this is a nude shade, it’s a little more forgiving, but one of the darker or bolder colors may present more of a challenge. The balm can actually be used as a cheek color too, which I’m always for multi-tasking products, however I felt it do be quite an emollient product… so I probably wouldn’t use it on my cheeks unless I’m on-the-go and need an emergency flush of color.
The gloss was also really gorgeous- sheer, but adding a beautiful shine. I loved the scent and the feel of the silky smooth gloss, but again, the applicator posed some difficulties. There really is no applicator… it’s just a squeeze tube with an open end, making it hard to apply directly onto the lips, leaving me to squeeze it out onto my finger and apply it that way. I think it would be nice to see a slant-tip applicator for this product, because I really do like it!
The Lip Blush
The Lip Blush ($18 USD / $20 CDN), shown here in shade Youth, is a light-as-air stain for the lips, leaving a gorgeous punch of color with a weightless feel. It lasts a long time too! A few layers lasted me the majority of the day, even through eating and drinking. The only problem I had with this product was that it was quite drying, as most lip stains of this sort are. I felt the need to constantly be applying lip balm or gloss to re-hydrate my lips. I am a huge fan of the felt-tip applicator though, makes it super precise to apply and gets rid of the need for a lip pencil.
The Endless Silky Eye Pen ($14 USD / $15.50 CDN) shown here in shade Black Noir is a super creamy, highly-pigmented eyeliner pencil that is easy to apply and sets to a waterproof finish. I must say I was super skeptical of this product, but it turned out to be my favorite out of the bunch. Formulated with vitamins and mineral pigments, this eyeliner has to be one of the creamiest eye pencils I’ve ever touched. Even creamier than the Stila Eye Kajal and just as pigmented than Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Perversion (only this one doesn’t have a matte finish like Perversion).
It’s pretty hard to apply it perfectly from the pencil, so I usually draw on the line (quite sloppily, I might add) then use a small smudge brush or angled eyeliner brush to even it out and make it pretty. I let it sit for about 5 minutes and then it’s locked in for good. It even lasts a super long time on the waterline! The only downside? Because it’s so creamy, you do lose quite a bit of product when sharpening it.
Flawless Beauty Primer
Succulent Lip Duo
Endless Silky Eye Pen
- Price: Flawless Beauty Primer ($28 USD / $31 CDN for 1.01oz / 30mL), Succulent Lip Twin ($18 USD / $20 CDN for 0.42oz / 12g of Tube balm and 0.07oz / 2g of Solid balm), Lip Blush ($18 USD / $20 CDN for 0.08oz / 2.5mL) and Endless Silky Eye Pen ($14 USD / $15.50 CDN for 0.04oz / 1.2g)
- Availability: eBeauty.ca and various drugstores
- Selection: Flawless Beauty Primer only comes in EvenSkin (shown here); Succulent Lip Twin comes in Coral Camellia, Nude Lily (shown here), Opal Orchid, Pink Poeny and Poppy Red; Lip Blush comes in Youth (shown here), Energy, Purity and Luck; Endless Silky Eye Pen comes in Black Blue, Black Cocoa, Black Noir (shown here), Black Tulip, Café Gold, Deep Plum, True Teal and Oyster.
- Overall: All of the products made a good impression, but some of them had more cons than others; the Flawless Beauty Primer held my makeup on beautifully, but was way too glowy for me. The Succulent Lip Twin was gorgeous and nourishing, but I had a few difficulties with the applicators. The Lip Blush left gorgeous, long lasting color but left my lips a bit dry. I totally love the Endless Silky Eye Pen- super amazing, creamy pigment and actual lasting power!
- Rating: Flawless Beauty Primer (B), Succulent Lip Twin (B+), Lip Blush (B+) and Endless Silky Eye Pen (A)