Royal & Langnickel have been one of the biggest sponsors of IMATS year after year, and this time in Toronto back in November, they put on a really cool little “lounge” area for press to check out their products, relax and chat with Emmy award-winning makeup artist Kevin James Benett who has been hard at work creating neat how-to tutorials for each brush! We were given one of these brush kits to take home and try out…so here are my thoughts!
Royal & Langnickel is a brand that I haven’t tried in the past, but have heard a lot about (mostly from my lovely friend Stacey Brennan who is a huge fan of theirs). They are a professional make brand and they are known for putting on huge sales and discounts at IMATS shows around the world!
I received the Royal & Langnickel SILK Green Line Brush Kit, which includes 12 full-size brushes all tucked away in a cute cork case. Here are the ones that come in the kit:
- GL-1 Powder Brush – This is one of the softest powder brushes I’ve ever felt! It was also the biggest ‘change’ because I’m so used to these brushes being made with natural bristles. I loved the silky feel and it applied my powder very nicely.
- GL-2 Blush Brush - This puts on blush very nicely, somehow I find the extra-silky fibers help to disperse the product more evenly and thinly so you can build your blush color as you want it.
- GL-3 Eyeshadow Brush - A standard eyeshadow brush, great for packing on color. I found it a bit hard to hold onto the eyeshadow itself, so just go in light layers instead of all at once.
- GL-4 Smudger Brush - A phenomenal brush for blending out eyeliner and smudging eyeshadow- this pencil brush is precise and maintains its shape when washed, plus it stays soft so no scratching near your eyes!
- GL-5 Liner Brush - Way too big to be an eyeliner brush, unless you’re going for a smudged, thick line. I actually really love this brush for concealer though- its super precise so you can really cover those blemishes and scars perfectly.
- GL-6 Eye Fluff Brush - I’ve never been a huge fan of angled blending brushes, but this one does a good job for what it is. I’d prefer a MAC 224-style blending brush in this kit instead.
- GL-7 Foundation Brush - A fantastic foundation brush- not a whole lot of a change here though, as these brushes are usually synthetic. I do love the pointed center though!
- GL-8 Eyeliner/Brow Brush - An amazing brush for creating super razor-sharp lines- you’ll be able to make hair-like strokes for your brows that look totally natural!
- GL-9 Flat Liner Brush - I like this brush for brows and lining my lower lash line….it’s stiff so it’s great for lining!
- GL-10 Brow/Lash Brush - I’ve never had a metal lash comb before, and it is a bit terrifying, but it does work a LOT better than its plastic counterparts. The spoolie is also a great tool to have for shaping unruly brows.
- GL-11 Concealer Brush - Meant for concealer, but I love using it to foil on pigments and mineral eyeshadows because its nice and dense and small!
- GL-12 Lip Brush - Great for lips or precise concealing or eyeshadow- the best multi-functional brush!
The giveaway is now closed. Congrats to Amie for winning!
- Price: $119.99 USD (Was sold at IMATS for $50)
- Availability: Royal & Langnickel
- Overall: An incredible all-synthetic makeup brush kit for beginners, makeup lovers or professionals. The brushes are of superb quality and maintain their softness and shape without shedding. Highly recommended.
- Rating: A+