Still on the hunt for that perfect red polish? Look no further than the new Sephora by OPI Perfect Reds Set ($39 USD / $47 CAD), a collection of five different full-size red nail lacquers in various red shade and textures. The set includes a red for any occasion, from creamy true reds to vampy wine to a glittery top coat and more.
This limited-edition set is available now from Sephora, just in time for the holidays. We all know that the classic red polish is a timeless look that will never go out of style, making this a fool-proof gift for the nail lacquer lover.
The shades include:
- Fiercely Fabulous: A bright orange-red cream
- And A Cherry On Top: A neutral, true-red cream
- Be-Claus I Said So: A clear polish with various-sized red glitter
- Curve-aceous: A deep, shimmery cranberry red
- Mr. Right Now: A vampy red wine cream
I’ve always found the Sephora by OPI Nail Lacquer texture to be quite thin- much more difficult to use than the regular OPI polishes. The polishes are (mostly) richly pigmented, so only 2 coats are needed… but if you’re prone to making a mess then I recommend three very thin coats instead, because it is so fluid. The shades last about 3-4 days without any chips.
My favorite shades are And A Cherry On Top and Curve-aceous, because they are both beautifully pigmented, classic shades that would go with nearly any outfit for the holidays (and year-round for that matter)! Be-Claus I Said So is definitely more of a glitter-texture top coat because the glitter is quite scarce.
I think this kit would be fabulous for any nail polish lover- and especially those who are always on the hunt for the perfect red. It’s also an excellent set to add to your own collection, however you may want to skip it if you’re already an experienced collector and you have no shortage of red hues in your stash.
- Price: $39 USD / $47 CAD for 5 x 15mL / 0.5oz (full size)
- Availability: Sephora
- Overall: A great set of various red polishes to pump up a polish collection or to give as a gift for the holiday season. Reds are so classic and this set combines different shades and textures! You may want to skip if you’ve already got a few classic reds in your stash, but this collection is pretty good quality (all of them except the glitter topcoat are opaque with two coats). The formula is a bit thin making it a little harder to apply- but the polishes are fairly pigmented on their own.
- Rating: A-