The Sephora Disney Cinderella Collection for Holiday 2012 includes the Sephora Disney Cinderella A Brush With Fate Nail Polish Set ($24.50 USD / $29 CAD), a gorgeous collection of six mini Sephora by OPI nail lacquers. This enchanting collection experiences the magical story of Cinderella in a whole new light; each piece delivering words of wisdom about life, love and making dreams come true. This limited-edition collection is available now on Sephora.
Each one of the Sephora Disney Cinderella Collection items comes with a quote- and the one for this palette is “The perfect shoe can change your life“. Just as shoes are to your outfit, the perfect nail polish is to your makeup!
The entire Sephora Disney Cinderella collection excites me- anytime a beauty brand does a collaboration collection with anything Disney (especially a Disney princess), I simply cannot resist! The inner 7 year old Disney Princess wannabe just gets so excited, and I get taken back to when I was a child in Disney World, meeting all my favorite Disney Princesses.
This nail polish collection is simply stunning. I love the varying textures and tones, yet staying so true to the Cinderella color scheme. The icy blues and glittery golds create a perfect set of Cinderella-inspired lacquers. That, combined with the adorable names, makes this a set perfect for any girl that grew up wanting to feel like a princess.
The shades include…
- So Totally Enchanted: An icy silver blue
- Step Off, Sister!: A silver & blue micro glitter
- Blew My Curfew: A deep, royal blue with varying tones of blue shimmer (My first reaction was “Ah, the Cinderella blue.”)
- Bibbidi, Bobbidi, Pink!: A chunky, rose pink glitter
- Self-Maid Millionaire: A metallic pale gold
- Rags to Rhinestones: A chunky, white gold glitter
I think these icy hues are perfect for the holiday season, however they did require about 3 coats each for a nice opaque finish (especially the glitters). The only one that required only 2 coats was Self-Maid Millionaire, which is typical of metallic finishes. The glitters, like Step Off, Sister!, Bibbidi Bobbidi Pink and Rags to Rhinestones could all be used on top of other colors as well to add an extra, glittery dimension.
These bottles are very small- each of them with only 3.75mL… which is about 1/4th of a full size Sephora by OPI Nail Lacquer. They are great however as stocking stuffers or for the girl who can never have too many polishes! I wish that Sephora would have offered full-size versions of each shade along with the collection as well.
- Price: $24.50 USD / $29 CAD for 6 x 13.75mL
- Availability: Sephora
- Overall: I think Sephora really got these colors dead on- they really remind me of the Cinderella color scheme (especially Blew My Curfew). I love the different textures and tones, but unfortunately they do need about 3 coats for a nice opaque finish. I think they are still gorgeous polishes, but since they are all minis, I wish they would have released full-sized shades along with the collection.
- Rating: A-