The Sephora Disney Cinderella Collection for Holiday 2012 includes the Sephora Disney Cinderella Moonlit Kiss Lipstick Set ($25 USD / $30 CAD), an elegant collection of four different pink-based lipsticks. This enchanting collection experiences the magical story of Cinderella in a whole new light; each piece delivering words of wisdom about life, love and making dreams come true. This limited-edition collection is available now on Sephora.
Each one of the Sephora Disney Cinderella Collection items comes with a quote- and the one for this set is “Remember, you don’t need magic to have a magical kiss.“… I think it’s perfectly fitting and adorable for this collection of lipsticks!
I think that most people have their eye on these lipsticks… and for good reason- they’re stunning! Everything from the box to the tube design to the colors and textures. Not only are they all feminine, but they are fairly universal as well for those with light-to-medium skintones.
The shades include…
- Lady Tremaine: A deep berry tone with a glossy sheen; looks lighter on the lips than it does in the tube!
- Pumpkin: A light pastel peach with a semi-matte finish
- Who Is She?: A warm rosy mauve- definitely a “my lips but better” shade for myself!
- My Moment: A pale, frosty pink glitter (much more noticeable on lips than in a swatch)
These lipsticks are medium-to-full coverage (except for My Moment, which is a little more on the sheer side). They feel pretty comfortable and last for several hours before wearing off. They do feel a bit dry towards the end of wear (after about 4 hours), but overall they aren’t too bad. The only one with a bit of a more uncomfortable texture is My Moment, because of the chunky glitter.
They have no scent, which I find Sephora needs to work on- I love delicious-scented lipsticks because it’s much more pleasant than that typical ‘makeup’ smell. When I swatched My Moment, I really had no hope for it. I was really disappointed, but once I put it on my lips, I liked it a lot more. It’s definitely not as universal as the other three shades, but I personally love the pale, glittery, frosty lip for a ‘wintery’ look.
I think the set is quite a good value, but I would recommend it to those who are a fan of pink tones. The set has a nice variety, but I do think it’s more suited to light-to-medium skintones.
- Price: $25 USD / $30 CAD for 4 x 0.13oz / 3.7g
- Availability: Sephora
- Overall: A beautiful set of four lipsticks best suited for light-to-medium skintones. The lipsticks have medium-to-full coverage color (except for My Moment, which is more sheer). The texture is mostly pleasant, but they lack a nice scent. The packaging is gorgeous, and I think those who love pink-toned shades will like this set.
- Rating: A-