The Sephora Disney Jasmine Collection for Spring 2013 includes the Sephora Disney Jasmine Storylook Eyeshadow Palette Volume 2 ($55 USD / $66 CAD), the showpiece of the collection featuring 15 vibrant eyeshadows, 1 blush and 1 bronzer. This limited-edition collection experiences the magical story of Princess Jasmine from Aladdin with vibrant, exotic colors and rich elegance. Available March 2013 exclusively at Sephora.
Each one of the Sephora Disney Jasmine Collection items comes with a quote- and the one for this eyeshadow palette is “You’re only in trouble if you get caught“ (probably not the best choice of quotes in my opinion, considering their target demographic, but I see how it relates to the movie).
Half of the beauty in this collection is in the packaging alone; the stunning palette is actually contained in a drawer-style box (the makeup can be removed and the box used for keepsakes later). The spine of the box resembles a book, and it matches up with the Storylook Eyeshadow Palette Volume I from the Cinderella collection. The detailing on the cover is spectacular, framing a golden Princess Jasmine decal in a sturdy, cardboard cut-out design.
The shades include:
- Blue Oasis: Pale, aqua blue satin
- Trust Me: Mid-tone, shimmery rose pink
- Abu: Deep, cool, shimmery brown
- Ali Ababwa: Pale, off-white matte cream
- Sultana: Pale, icy lilac shimmer
- Friend Like Me: Mid-tone, icy blue shimmer
- Master: Deep eggplant purple satin
- Comic: Highly frosted golden champagne
- Cave of Wonders: Bright, mustard yellow satin
- Sand in the Glass: Highly frosted white gold
- Lapis: Mid-tone matte blue
- Mystical Wonder: Mid-tone satin grape
- Rajah: Rusty orange with gold shimmer
- Arabian Sunset: Vibrant, reddish pink satin
- Bazaar: Mid-tone chocolate brown satin
- Thrilling Chase Blush: Mid-tone, muted rose with a hint of shimmer
- Golden Sands Bronzer: Medium, golden bronze with shimmer
This palette really does combine all of the shades that I would have imagined from an Aladdin inspired point of view- the rich oranges, blues, yellows and browns. It has those vibrant shades when I think of eastern-inspired fabrics and makeup. While it may not be your typical ‘everyday’ palette, those who love colors will love this one… and the best part? The quality is absolutely fantastic.
Whenever I’m intrigued by a palette, I cross my fingers and hope that it’s going to be just as fantastic in the way the eyeshadows apply, their pigmentation, their texture, their wear…etc. As I was swatching, I thought I was swatching an Urban Decay palette (a brand I usually associate with consistent, quality eyeshadows).
All of the eyeshadows were highly pigmented, smooth and blended nicely. The mattes were slightly less impressive. It is nice to see a good variety in texture, allowing this palette to be more versatile. The blush and bronzer with both pigmented and smooth as well. I didn’t experience any creasing without a primer (however I do have dry eyelids, and always recommend using a primer anyways), however a bit of fading was seen. The highly frosted shades are a little more ‘soft’ and fragile than the others, so keep that in mind and be gentle with them (like Cosmic and Sand in the Glass).
Overall I think this is a fantastic palette; a great collector’s item (love the fact it can be re-purposed after the makeup is finished) and an excellent product as well. If you’re a fan of these rich colors, you’re going to be head over heels for this palette.