This holiday season, Sephora has but together a huge variety of different value sets, palettes and collections that make gift-giving easy. One of my favorite sets has to be the new Sephora Jumbo Liner 12HR Wear Waterproof Set (originally $30 USD / $36 CAD, now on sale for $24 USD / $30 CAD), which contains five full-size jumbo liner/eyeshadow pencils. I’ve already reviewed the formula here, but I’ll do a quick re-cap!
I think this is a great set, not only because it’s on sale right now (bonus!) but because the formula is actually really awesome. With the sale price, each pencil is less than $6 each (that’s almost a third of the price when purchasing them individually) so as long as you like the shades, you’re getting a great deal.
The shades include…
- 32 White Glitter: A bright, stark white shade with white glitter. This one is my least favorite overall because it’s quite chunky and a little difficult to apply. It would work great as an inner corner highlight, but it’s a little too difficult to use all over the lid. I think a matte white would have been perfect for this set.
- 04 Taupe: A gorgeous champagne taupe with shimmer. Incredibly pigmented and buttery smooth- this is a great shade for a wash of color all over the lid.
- 09 Khaki: A lovely olive green shimmer, also with beautiful pigmentation. Creamy and blendable- very impressive.
- 29 Purple Glitter: Another glitter shade, but much better than the White Glitter in the set- this one actually has a pigmented base, so the glitter comes with an already-beautiful shade. Still a little chunky, but looks a lot better than the white.
- 17 Black: One of the best black eyeshadow pencils ever. Use it as a liner and smudge it out, or use it as a base for a smoky eye- this incredibly rich black is absolutely amazing.
The formula is a nice mid-range between the budget NYX Jumbo Pencil and professional Make Up For Ever Aqua Shadow versions. These pencils have beautiful, strong pigmentation (in general) with lovely creaminess and blendability- however the wear is also inbetween the two. They last much longer than NYX Jumbo Pencils without creasing or fading, but not as much as the Make Up For Ever pencils. A simple solution and quick fix? Simply use an eye primer underneath like Urban Decay Primer Potion, and these babies will last just fine.
I prefer to just draw them onto my eyelids and blend with a finger, but if you’re going for 2 or more shades, you’ll want to grab a brush to help out with blending. They are super easy to apply- great for the person on the go or who doesn’t want to spend much time on their makeup.
I love the color choices in this set- it’s a great starter set or as an addition to other shades. It’s also a great kit for splitting up and creating gift sets for several people, each containing one of the pencils!
- Price: Originally $30 USD / $36 CAD, on sale now for $24 USD / $30 CAD for 5 x 0.1oz
- Availability: Sephora
- Overall: These liner/eyeshadow pencils are pigmented, smooth and creamy. Their durability is longer than budget eye pencils, but not quite as long as some professional quality ones. The value is a good mid-range, and they work well with a primer underneath. This set, especially now that it’s on sale, is a fantastic value!
- Rating: A-