The Shu Uemura x Karl Lagerfeld Collection for Holiday 2012 includes three Shu Uemura Nail Colors ($18 USD / $20 CAD each), including a classic red, a nude beige and a black with gold sparkle. This large collection features color selection and package design created entirely by Karl Lagerfeld, the creative director for the legendary fashion house of Chanel. The collection is available for purchase this month online, and in stores November 2012.
Shu Uemura nail polishes are really amazing lacquers- every one that I’ve tried has been phemonenal! These ones aren’t any different. All three shades are beautifully pigmented and only need two coats for a perfect finish (you might even get by with one coat for Shu Shu Red- it’s that pigmented). Karl Black goes on a bit streaky on its first coat, but after two coats its beautiful, even and sparkly.
The nail colors come in bottles similar in shape to the regular line, but feature a silver cap. Each polish also comes with a sheet of 14 nail art stickers, including cute Mon Shu designs and patterns. Shu Uemura nail colors last about 3-4 days on me without chipping, and the formula is just the perfect thickness for applying easily.
The shades include:
- Shu Shu Red: A pure, true red cream. A classic must-have for tips and toes.
- Royal Beige: A pale, nude beige with the slightest hint of gold iridescence (almost undetectable on the nails, but visible in the bottle). This shade would be good for light to medium skin tones as a true nude.
- Karl Black: A deep charcoal black with gold and silver sparkle. This one is a bit tough to remove… the polish comes off easily but sparkles get everywhere! It really does look edgy and chic at the same time on the nails though.
I love how the three polishes follow along with the color scheme of the collection; red, beige and black! Classy, elegant and edgy.
The stickers work pretty well, and last even longer with a clear top coat. Be careful when applying them though (I like to use tweezers), they are super sticky, so you really only get once chance to place it properly- and make sure the polish is completely dry first!
- Price: $18 USD / $20 CAD for 10mL & stickers
- Availability: Shu Uemura (November 2012)
- Overall: These three polishes are all beautifully pigmented and follow along with the theme of the collection perfectly. The true red is a stunning classic, the beige is a modern, elegant shade and the sparkly black is edgy yet chic. The stickers work pretty well, although you have to be very careful when applying them!
- Rating: A-