I’m sorry for not getting this review out sooner, I didn’t have the brush kit before the launch date, and I wanted to make sure that I had enough time to test it out fully before making my final review. You guys know how it is :) Anyways! Many of you have been asking about the Sigma Beauty Bunny Collection Vegan Brush Kit ($109 USD), so here it is!
Save 10% OFF your entire Sigma Beauty purchase with code DEC2011
This brush kit is identical to the other Make Me Up collections, just that this one has contains 100% synthetic versions of the original collection brushes. The brushes are also made with SigMAX fibers (you know, the ones that made the F80 one of the top foundation brushes in the world)! I know lots of you are trying to decide if this kit is good for you, if it’s better than the original, what the pro’s and con’s are…so I’ve tried to include as much information as I can!
The brush kit also comes in a baby blue hard case, similar to the other Make Me Up kits which makes it great for traveling or for storage (I like putting my dirty brushes in one half and keeping my clean ones in the other half, that way I know which ones need to be cleaned). The Bunny Collection also includes the Mr. Bunny kit (same kit, just all black instead of blue & pink) as well as two travel kits (similar to the Sigma Travel Kits I reviewed last week, only synthetic, also available in Mrs. and Mr. Bunny sets).
This collection contains 12 synthetic brushes. Here are my thoughts of them below:
- F30 Large Powder Brush - One of the biggest differences that you’ll see in between the original Make Me Up Kits and the Bunny kit- this large powder brush is still loose and fluffy, making it great for powder, bronzer, etc. The synthetic fibers allow it to be super soft and maintain its shape better.
- F50 Duo Fibre Brush - Not a huge difference in functionality from the original. Super soft and provides a light application…I love it for bronzer.
- F40 Large Angled Contour Brush - Love this in the synthetic version! Much easier to clean than the white natural hairs and it keeps its shape much better. I feel like its a bit more dense than the original natural hair one, but it’s still great for blush and highlighter.
- F60 Foundation Brush - No big difference from the original kit, just an all-round great foundation brush.
- E40 Tapered Blending Brush - I love the softness of this brush. It’s super soft so it works well for blending out eyeshadow or setting concealer with powder.
- E55 Eye Shading Brush - Nice and dense- the only thing keeping this brush worthwhile. It’s super soft so it won’t scratch or be stiff like the original, but a little too soft sometimes.
- E60 Large Shader Brush - I prefer the original of this brush. This one is just a little too soft and flimsy which doesn’t allow it to pack color on very easily.
- E65 Medium Angled Shading Brush - A nice angled brush for crease work…blends colours well but the softness does make it a bit harder to hold onto color on its own.
- F70 Concealer Brush - Not a huge difference from the original concealer brush in terms of functionality, but does work nicely as a baby sister to the SigMAX precision collection (just a flat one)
- E30 Pencil Brush - An amazing synthetic version- no more scratchy fibers near the eye! This one stays soft and keeps its pointy, tapered shape much better than the original natural hair one.
- E65 Small Angle Brush - No big differences from the original, a great angled liner/brow brush.
- E05 Eye Liner Brush - Again, no big differences from the original, a great precise eyeliner brush.
I think this brush kit is a great brush kit to have. Do you NEED it? Probably not if you already have a nice set of brushes (especially if you already have the original Make Me Up kit). It’s not essential, but a few of the brushes are definitely an improvement (the F30, F40 and E30)… the rest of them were either almost identical to the originals or a little harder to work with.
This month we are giving away one of these Sigma Beauty Bunny Essential Vegan Brush Kits ($109 USD Value) to one of our lucky readers! If you would like to see how you can enter to win, please visit our giveaway post here.
- Price: $109 USD
- Availability: Sigma Beauty
- Overall: A great brush kit if you’re looking for a high quality all-synthetic/vegan collection. Also great for beginners or advanced artists. Not 100% necessary if you already have a good collection, but a few of the brushes are improvements.
- Rating: A-