Sigma Dry ‘N Shape
- Description: A revolutionary new drying system that shapes brushes back to their brand new shape, and dries within record time (only 4-6 hours!)
- Price: $29 USD
- Availability: Sigma Beauty
The Sigma Dry ‘N Shape has been long awaited by the beauty community (thanks to the awesome buzz created by Simone from Sigma Beauty) and it’s finally here. I’ve tested the Dry N Shape for several weeks now, so I’ve definitely gotten a feel for its pro’s and con’s. I want to look at this product from two perspectives; a) the average consumer with 1-2 brush kits, and b) a professional makeup artist or avid makeup lover, with several-to-many brush kits, as I have two different opinions about the system.
First things first, the Dry ‘N Shape simply works. It does what it says (I even performed the experiment for Sigma in which I compared it to brushes dried with the Brush Guard and without any system at all)- it dries brushes in record time and shapes them into brand-new-out-of-the-package-look-and-feel. Your most dense synthetic brushes (like the F80) are usable within 4 hours and completely dry within 5-6. The magnetic snap closures even allow you to snap the system inside-out and dry your brushes upside down!
Here is where the opinions of this item differ- “Do you really need it?”. For the average consumer, with 1-2 brush kits, this is an ideal drying system that you can use your brushes in the morning, wash them, and have them dry by night ready to use again- great for people without a whole lot of brushes! There’s nothing better than using a brush that feels like brand new, every single time- and this kit will deliver! For a professional makeup artist or someone who simply has a LOT of brushes, this kit may not be as ideal considering the time it takes to properly feed your brushes into the slots and cover the bristles properly, it would take forever and a half to set up all your brushes. What is IS great for, is traveling makeup artists who need their brushes deep cleaned in between gigs, or for those brushes that just never dry perfectly (fluffy brushes especially).
I’ve been an avid user of the Brush Guard, simply because I can slide them on my brushes a mile a minute and i’m done (granted- they do take overnight AT LEAST to dry). My recommendation to Sigma? Sell the elastic bristle bands alone too! I’d buy a truckload of those magical little bands and use them just like brush guards!
- Product [24/25] – Works like a charm- does exactly what it says. How necessary it is for you depends on how many brushes you have and how often you need them deep cleaned.
- Value [9/10] – At $30, you can have brand-new feeling brushes every time you wash them. That is quite valuable!
- Use [3/5] - Can be a little bothersome to get the brushes in the pockets perfectly.
- Accessibility [5/5] – Sigma ships worldwide- totally awesome!
- Packaging [5/5] – Slim and functional, I like the fact brushes can be dried upside down and also used for travel.