Whether you’re a fan of bold colour, soft neutrals or edgy, untraditional shades, there’s one thing that everyone wants from their liquid lipstick—for it to stay on and look fabulous, always. Smashbox Always On Matte Liquid Lipstick has been a top contender in the liquid lipstick game since they launched back in 2016 (remember Lilly Singh’s signature ‘Bawse’ shade?) and now the shade—and texture—options have expanded.
With 20 new shades doubling the existing lineup (you can see the original 20 shades in our review from when they launched), there is truly something for everyone. Beyond that, 11 of the new shades have a lustrous, metallic texture which is not only super trendy, but can also be layered to create custom looks (tip: layer Pearl Please on top of your favourite shade to brighten, lighten and add a touch of shimmer).
The new shades include:
- Maneater: Metallic red
- XO, Vlada: Metallic rose gold
- Vino Noir: Metallic burgundy
- Make It Reign: Purple pearl
- Punked Rock: Metallic deep grey
- Rust Fund: Metallic rust
- So Jelly: Metallic fuchsia
- Kale My Vibe: Metallic mid-tone green
- Carat Stick: Metallic orange
- Crystal Baller: Metallic violet
- Pearl Please: Metallic opal
- Fair Game: Light peach nude
- Gotta Light: Light chestnut
- Stay Neutral: Neutral light brown
- Slay Tan: Brown with olive undertone
- Psychic Medium: Gray brown
- Throwback Jam: Vibrant raspberry
- Teal With It: Blue teal
- Purple Taffy: Pastel purple
- Ultra Violet: Bright purple
The name speaks for itself, too. The formula stays put for 8 hours while also feeling ultra-lightweight and comfortable on the lips (they actually have a touch of primer oil mixed in to prevent that dreaded drying feeling). The vibrant hues won’t flake, bleed or feather from coffee to cocktails and all the sipping, eating and talking in between.
Applicators make all the difference when it comes to flawless liquid lipstick and this one practically does all the work for you. The precise tip is great for edge detail while the flat side fills in the lips with even colour in a single sweep.
If you missed our kiss-proof makeup looks, check out the video here for three full-face looks featuring a few of the new shades.shop this story