Continuing on with my Tokidoki review-a-thon ( I guess we could call it that), we’ve got an eyeshadow palette from their latest collection. Meet the Tokidoki 24 Karat Skate Deck Eyeshadow Palette ($18 USD / $23 CDN)!
Originally priced at $39 USD and down to $18 USD right now on sale, you can’t get a better value! With 12 eyeshadows, you’re literally paying less than $2 per eyeshadow and you’re getting an adorable Adios keychain with the set. Even though the keychain makes the palette a bit more thick and chunky than need be, it’s still fun and something you get to keep long after the eyeshadows are gone. The palette is in the shape of a skateboard deck and adorned with black, white and gold detailing & artwork.
The shades include satins, frosts and glitters (I wish there were some mattes in there), and range from neutrals, to colours, to smoky shades. Most of these eyeshadows are creamy, pigmented and easy to apply. I had a bit of trouble with the glitter formulas & fall-out, as usual with most brands. The eyeshadows also contain Japanese rice lipids and vitamin B to help hydrate the delicate skin area.
- Unicorno - a shimmery white that blends smoothly and works great as a highlight
- Stella - a shimmery silver with flecks of glitter; this one has quite a bit of fall out
- Ametista - a beautiful shimmery light purple with pink reflect
- Cuore - pearlized soft pink; not only is the shade soft but I feel like the actual eyeshadow is much softer than the others…perhaps it is because its more of a matte/satin finish rather than shimmer
- Duna - my favorite in the palette! This penalized nude looks like beachy, champagne sand!
- Sabbia - shimmering cream with a bit of sparkle… not as pigmented as the others.
- Goccia - A beautiful pearlized dark blue (mine had a little accident, but its still pretty)!
- Adios Star - a matte black with silver glitter; I wish it was a little more pigmented!
- Tempesta - a super pigmented, pearlized dark purple with a bit of silver shimmer
- Granata - I love this mossy green! It pairs so beautifully with Duna!
- Camo - pearlized dark brown, a great staple.
- 24 Karat - A shimmery mustard gold with intense pigment
While all the eyeshadows may not be winners (aka the glittery ones), the majority have a fantastic payoff and wear. The colours are gorgeous and at less than $2 each, its worth the lot. Plus the keychain is pretty darn cute.
- Price: $18 USD / $23 CDN
- Availability: Sephora
- Overall: Now that it is on sale, this eyeshadow palette is a pretty good value! Most of the eyeshadows are really nice and silky (a few glitter ones do have some fall-out, but at less than $2 each…it’s worth the bunch)
- Rating: A-