My favorite eyeshadow palette out of all the Tokidoki ones I’ve been trying out has to be the Tokidoki Devil Girl Cromatico Palette ($18 USD / $23 CDN)! With six huge eyeshadows, a cute little keychain and a pretty vinyl blue bag (that can totally be re-used), this palette is really awesome!
The palette comes inside an adorable blue vinyl bag (love the tokidoki-logo zippers) which can be reused as a makeup bag, travel bag, etc. The little Devil Girl keychain charm is adorable- she’s listening to her iPod and its small enough it won’t take over your entire keychain. The placement is a bit weird…I almost wish it just came IN the bag, and not in the center of the palette because there’s really no way to keep it there (if you wanted to keep it with the palette) if you lose the plastic holder. It’s just a bit awkward of a place.
The palette includes six large eyeshadows- 3 warm neutrals and 3 cool tones. I like that it contains both color families, so you can go for a neutral, soft look or spice it up with color and sparkle if you feel like it. The eyeshadows are nice and soft, almost the same feel as Stila or Tarte eyeshadows. For the most part, they are nicely pigmented, however the color shades come off a bit softer (which isn’t exactly a negative thing, it helps them to be a bit more wearable).
- Thirsty - A buttercream beige that works great all over the lid or as a highlighter.
- Riposino - My favorite eyeshadow out of them all, a gorgeous taupe-brown with shimmer.
- Bulletto - A deep chocolate brown; works great as an eyeliner too!
- Bruttino - A denim-looking blue that comes off a bit more of a light teal, its a unique sheer texture that blends nicely.
- Nancy Rocks - The same concept as Bruttino, but an indigo purple. Love this one!
- Carina - The only one I’m not crazy about…it’s hard to see, but it contains glitter that usually ends up on my cheeks by the end of the day.
I’m definitely a fan of both sets of colours, but I like the neutrals more because I find them to be more consistently good. The colours are more sheer than expected and I’m not a fan of the glitter in the white eyeshadow. Having said that, the value is so spectacular, especially for these sizes, that its still worth the price tag.
- Price: $18 USD / $23 CDN
- Availability: Sephora
- Overall: Now that it is on sale, this eyeshadow palette is a pretty good value! Most of the eyeshadows are really nice and silky (a few glitter ones do have some fall-out, but at less than $2 each…it’s worth the bunch)
- Rating: A-