I have a total love-hate relationship with lip plumpers. When I find a formula that isn’t painful, I just find it doesn’t really do anything for my lips. Vice verse, when I find one that actually does plump up my lips… it feels like I’m having an allergic reaction or something (not pretty). These Too Faced Glamour Glosses ($19 USD / $27 CAD) come in a variety of different colors and have a dose of Too Faced Lip Injection (their original lip plumper). This is the first gloss i’ve found that really delivers the best of both worlds… cool tingle (aka. not painful) with some actual noticeable plumping going on.
The gloss itself is very similar in texture to the Buxom Lip Polishes (and it even smells and feels very similar), however the “plumping” effect is a little more intense in these. If you like the feel of the Buxom glosses, but wish they worked a little better… you may like these ones.
The color isn’t exactly “richly pigmented” as described by the brand, but I would say they do have medium coverage… I can see some color, but the formula itself is quite thin and not very buildable (especially with the lighter, milkier shades as they tend to collect in lip lines). The scent is really nice- a sweet mint smell. The gloss applies nicely with the doe-foot applicator, and can I just say how cute the wand is with the diamond-esque jewel on top? So girly! The shades I’ve been playing with are:
- First Time: Nude beige; this one is quite nude and because it is more milky, it can settle into lip lines so go sheer on this one, or just use it to top off a lipstick.
- Barely Legal: Pale pink; this one is definitely my favorite.. I love the light baby pink shade and the fact it actually shows up on my lips!
- Plush: Peach with gold shimmer; this one didn’t come off as glossy as the other two, because it’s full of shimmer, but it was still pretty!
I feel more of a cooling sensation than a tingle, although I think I’m going solo on that- everyone else that I know that has tried it says they definitely feel a buzz going on (although not a painful one). It starts working immediately, and they last quite a few hours actually, with the gloss fading before the tingle does.
- Price: $19 USD / $27 CAD for 0.12oz / 3.6g (not happy about the huge price difference!)
- Availability: Sephora
- Selection: 12 shades (see them all here)
- Overall: Very similar in texture, scent, feel and wear to the Buxom lip polishes (fairly thin, medium coverage color, cool minty tingle) but a little more intense. I can actually notice my lips looking and feeling more plump when I wear these glosses. The do leave a bit of an unpleasant taste in my mouth though…so try not to lick your lips!
- Rating: A-