New this fall, the Too Faced The Return of Sexy Eye Shadow Palette ($48 USD / $54 CAD) contains 15 multi-dimensional, bold shades in three different color collections. The palette also includes a mini Too Faced Shadow Insurance Eye Shadow Primer and a full-size Too Faced Perfect Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner in Perfect Black.
This palette is stunning! The detailing on the packaging itself is beautiful, it has a nice-sized mirror in the lid and all of the shades look like gorgeous gems, glistening and shimmering (oh yeah- this palette is totally for shimmer & glitter addicts). Each individual color collection reminds me of the Lancôme Color Design eyeshadow palettes, each configured in a cool, geometric pattern. Too Face says that the palette contains a variety of mattes, shimmer, sparkle and pearl textures, however there’s really only one matte eyeshadow in the entire palette, so be warned… its a glitzy one!
The formula of the eyeshadows is gorgeous- super silky and fairly pigmented. The eyeshadows are designed to be used wet or dry, but I really suggest going with them wet (it really brings out the pigmentation and texture). I would just use them dry to highlight or contour the eye socket with… other than that- go with a damp brush, it makes them so much more vibrant! The collections include:
- Naïve: Iridescent cream
- New In Town: Golden shimmer
- Ingénue: Antique brown with gold glitter
- Innocent: Dark copper with a pearly gold shimmer
- Casting Couch: Dark chocolate with gold shimmer
- Pink Diamond: Matte shell pink (really, the only true matte)
- Icon: Wine plum with gold shimmer
- Divorcée: Cool, taupe-grey with pearl
- Hopeless Romantic: Rich plum satin
- Primadonna: Deep amethyst purple with shimmer
- 7 Year Itch: Off-white pearl with an iridescent finish
- Bombshell: Blue-ish grey with silver pearl
- Hollywood: Deep gunmetal pewter with a satin finish
- Maneater: Rose tea with silver shimmer (my absolute favorite shade in the whole palette!)
- Beautymark: Onyx with silver glitter
The palette also includes 3 How-To cards (hidden behind the mirror) to show both Day & Night looks for each color collection, but of course you can mix and match for even more possibilities! I love the texture of the eyeshadows, but I definitely do wish there were more matte shades. Since they are mainly shimmery, glittery and frosty, I feel like it needs more mattes to balance out the texture and allow for it to be an all-in-one palette (I still feel like I need to supplement my own matte shades for a complete look).
The Shadow Insurance primer is also a long-time favorite of mine, allowing the shades to stay on the lid all day with ‘just-applied’ vibrancy and crease-free wear. The Perfect Eyes line of waterproof eyeliners are also fantastic (some of my new favorite pencil eyeliners, too!) and you can check out my full review on them here. The black is super rich, and I love the built-in smudger to soften the line, while still maintaining its precision.
Look Book: The Return of Sexy
- Price: $48 USD / $54 CAD
- Availability: Sephora
- Overall: I’m loving this palette for super glitzy looks- the colors are incredibly shimmery, and unfortunately you’ll only find one matte shade in here (I definitely wish there were more). I do love the color combinations and the full-size eyeliner is a total bonus! The primer helps the eyeshadows stay crease-free all day, and wearing the eyeshadows wet really brings out their opacity and vibrancy.
- Rating: A-