Many of us are prone to dry, flaky lips and lipstick lovers especially suffer with uneven lipcolor and texture. The solution: lip scrubs. You can always blend some good old white sugar with olive oil, vaseline or your favorite lip balm for a quick and easy DIY version…but for those of you who want to avoid the mess and go for something convenient- here’s my top 5 lip scrubs for soft and luscious looking lips! I like to apply these at bed time so I wake up with smooth, plump lips in the morning!
- Sara Happ Lip Scrub in Almond Creme – Definitely the most luxurious out of all of the lip scrubs, this little pot of delicious-smelling heaven will leave your lips super soft. It’s also a gorgeous gift because of the cute bow-tied box it comes in. It also comes in several different scents like vanilla bean, peppermint, brown sugar and more.
- C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Buffer - I’ve been reaching for this one lately- it works pretty well and the sugar even leaves a sweet taste after it melts away. Quite gentle, yet effective (and cheap!)
- Philosophy Kiss Me – Kissable lips are just seconds away with this quick & easy scrub from Philosophy… of course, a skincare brand first and foremost, each product is packed with emollient oils, butters and moisturizers to leave your lips soft and plump.
- Korres Lemon Lip Scrub - A convenient lipstick-like lip scrub with rice grains instead of sugar (so they won’t melt away while you’re exfoliating!)- all natural and a little more powerful that the sugar-based ones.
- LUSH Bubblegum Lip Scrub – A fresh, natural pot of coarse sugar & oils to slough off dead skin and leave your lips smooth and soft- but be aware that it does have a fairly small shelf life due to its preservative-free ingredients.