New York Fashion Week has been an amazing experience! While it’s not over yet, there are a few things that I simply could not have gotten through the last week with, so I thought i’d share them. If you ever plan on attending Fashion Week in the future, hopefully my suggestions will help you out.
My Top 5 Must Haves for NYFW
- Bobbi Brown Illuminating Powder Foundation Compact, $40 USD – It’s been incredibly warm here for the past week, and all the walking I’ve been doing hasn’t really been helping my makeup stay on. I’ve been loving this lightweight powder foundation to keep my skin looking fresh, matte and flawless! It doesn’t make your skin look dry like some powder foundations can, so I really like that! Plus it has great coverage and lasts from morning until night.
- Band-Aids, $4.50 USD - I’ve almost gone through an entire box of bandaids this past week…even with wearing flats, my feet aren’t used to so much walking so they haven’t been particularly happy with me. My secret? There’s about 9 band-aids on my feet right now, protecting sensitive spots from rubbing and blistering. They are cheap, work perfectly and are easily hidden.
- Butter London Nail Laquer in Tea With The Queen, $14 USD – I received a free manicure from Butter London on the weekend and I thought this shade was absolutely gorgeous. Not only did I get to keep this shade, but I also got Yummy Mummy in one of my goodie bags, a shade I’ve been lusting after forever! I’m so impressed with how resilient this polish is…usually I get chips after a day or two, but this one is going on 4 days with no signs of wear! Plus it was used on the catwalk earlier this week.
- Urban Decay Super-Saturated High Gloss Lip Color in Crush, $19 USD – When I wear an ultra bold lip colour, I don’t always want to be needing to check it in the mirror every couple seconds to make sure there’s no migrating colour, smears or in need of touch ups. This product is incredible for all that! The super glossy finish and opaque colour is fantastic, and I got so many compliments on it!
- Starbucks Non-Fat, No-Whip Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte, $4.75 USD for a Grande – I’ve pretty much made Starbucks my home this past week, thanks to the free wifi and amazing food & drinks. I’ve always loved Starbucks, but I’ve developed a greater appreciation for it now. The sugar gives me an instant boost, and the espresso helps me to last throughout the day. This flavour is limited edition for the season, but I’m also in love with their Iced Skinny Caramel Macchiatos when I need a change up.
Have you been to Fashion Week? I’d love to know your must haves to survive it!