Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil 15 Year Anniversary Collection
- Description: A limited-edition 15-piece waterproof eye pencil set (including 6 exclusive new shades) and a bonus Grind House dual pencil sharpener, all stamped with a special “UD15″ anniversary artwork.
- Price: $92 USD / $110 CDN for 15 x 0.04oz
- Availability: Sephora, Urban Decay and their retailers.
Urban Decay has been ON THE BALL lately with their recent launches and the 24/7 Glide-On Pencil 15 Year Anniversary Collection is no different. If you’re a fan of Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils in the first place or if you’ve never even tried one and are looking for a great set of eye pencils- this is for you. This kit contains pretty much every color you could need for “reasonably” colorful looks (aka. each one of these eyeliners can be worn in a subtle, fun way if needed). This kit may even help you to become a little more outgoing and courageous with colorful makeup!
The colors include blacks, greys, browns, greens, blues, purples and pewters…the only color that is missing in my opinion is a nice white pencil (the Midnight Cowboy shade is a gorgeous shimmery beige, but I still would have liked to see a while eyeliner). Not only do you get each one of these in the full 0.04oz size, but you receive a Grind House dual pencil sharpener. I love the fact they included a dual sharpener, which can be used for other larger pencils like NYX Jumbo Pencils or even the new Urban Decay 24/7 Eye Shadow pencils (I must get my hands on those too!). Not only are you getting an incredible value, but if you can stomach the price point- you’ll have a great collection of high quality, water/smudge/fade-resistant eyeliners.
Even if you take out the bonus pencil sharpener, each pencil works out to just over $6 USD each…that is a phenomenal value considering that is the typical drugstore price for an eyeliner (and these are definitely superior quality). The packaging is beautiful and eye pencils are by far the most fool-proof eyeliner formulas, making this kit a great gift for anyone!
All of these pencils are shimmery/reflective, except for Perversion (which we’ll talk a bit more about further down) and you can see their color dimensions in the swatches below.
- Stray Dog – greyish taupe
- Corrupt – chocolate brown
- Midnight Cowboy – champagne beige
- Bourbon – dark, warm brown (permanent)
- Baked – golden bronze (permanent)
- Stash – olive green with gold reflect (permanent).
- Mildew – earthy green (permanent)
- Perversion – matte, kolh-like black
- Electric – bright neon blue. (permanent)
- Binge – navy blue with purple reflect (permanent)
- Ransom – violet with hot pink reflect (permanent)
- Asphyxia – fuchsia with violet shimmer
- Rockstar – deep purple with red shimmer (permanent)
- Zero – basic black (permanent)
- Uzi – pewter with teal reflect
One of these things is not like the other…
Now to address the question that I first thought to myself when I saw this kit…why the heck is there one pencil that looks different from all the others (I had a moment of OCD pretty badly here)? To follow up with that question- why is it another black eyeliner? Wasn’t Zero perfectly fine on its own? Well, as you can see from the comparison above (Zero on the left, Perversion on the right), the new Perversion shade is actually much more black than Zero! I really didn’t think you could get “more black” than Zero (ever since I discovered it with my Urban Decay Naked Palette I’ve been using it all the time)…Perversion is also more “matte” (not saying that Zero is shimmery, but it does have that glide-on sheen). Perversion therefore does not “Glide On” as easily, however it transfers pigment beautifully. It reminds me a lot of MAC Eye Kohl in Feline, where you’ll never really be able to get it super sharp enough for a precise line, but it works wonders for an ultra-black, smokey liner look (and p.s. it really DOES last all night).
- Product [24/25] – These eyeliners are superb quality…now I wouldn’t say waterPROOF, but they sure are water resistant and put up to sweat and tears perfectly.
- Value [10/10] – While this kit is quite expensive in itself, you are getting 15 full sized eyeliners plus a pencil sharpener (even without the pencil sharpener, each pencil would only cost $6.13 USD)
- Use [5/5] – They certainly stay true to their name as they ‘glide-on’ effortlessly and blend nicely (before they set)
- Accessibility [4/5] – Can be purchased through Urban Decay, Sephora or various retailers…pretty good, but its a hot item and stores can hardly keep these in stock!
- Packaging [5/5] – I love the presentation of the kit itself, as well the pencils and the sharpener are functional and efficient.