Lip junkies everywhere, rejoice! Urban Decay has added a couple more shades to the line-up, and here are a few of them! The Urban Decay Lip Junkie Lipglosses ($19 USD / $23 CAD each) are packaged in a gorgeous tube (don’t you just love that cap design?) and have a squeeze-tip applicator (personally, I’d prefer a doe-foot, but for a sheer gloss it’s not too bad).
These glosses are super shiny, with an extremely fresh vanilla mint scent (it’s quite sweet, so if you’re not a fan of sweet mint you may want to pass on these)- seriously, it almost feels like you just brushed your teeth!
While they do claim to cool & plump- I don’t really feel that. They do feel nice though, quite smooth with just a hint of tackiness (barely enough to even bother those that hate sticky lip glosses), but just enough to give them a little extra lasting power.
The two shades I’ve been wearing lately are:
- Strip: A sheer mauve- definitely goes on very sheer, so don’t be fooled by the deep shade in the tube.
- Steak: A sheer, pale peachy-pink shade that looks fabulous on top of a nude lipstick! Loving this one most.
Not all of the Lip Junkie glosses are as sheer as these, but as I mentioned in the descriptions, these are extremely sheer. I like sheer glosses because they are really fool-proof and easy to apply, but I also like to have a bit of pigment (sheer to me means a hint of colour… not just, clear).
- Price: $19 USD / $23 for 0.34oz CAD
- Availability: Sephora
- Selection: See all 14 shades here
- Overall: These glosses aren’t the best I’ve tried, but they aren’t too bad. I do like the fresh minty scent, because it makes me feel like I just brushed my teeth- however these shades in particular are so sheer, they are almost clear. Not bad, just not my favourite!
- Rating: B+