The Urban Decay ‘Naked‘ legacy continues with this latest addition to the family, the Urban Decay Naked Nail Set ($26 USD / $30 CAD), a collection of six mini “Naked”-inspired nail polishes. These neutral polishes range in shade & texture, from light creams to deep shimmers.
I was so excited when I first heard about this nail polish collection; I’m a hardcore Urban Decay Naked fangirl, so whatever they slap the “Naked” label onto, I’ve gotta have it. These nail polishes were unexpected, but fell head over heels in love with the colors upon first glance. I’m a total neutral nail fiend, so these were right up my alley.
The shades include…
- Sidecar: A light, nude polish with silver microglitter. My favorite polish out of the entire set; it just looks so glamorous, yet sophisticated at the same time. The nail equivalent of a sparkly, nude lip.
- Naked: A light yellow beige cream. I think this shade would suit a lot of people, but I found it to be a little too yellow for my liking; I prefer pink-based nudes because they look a little more flattering on me.
- Toasted: A more flattering nude for my nails, however this one has a slight shimmer to it. More pink-based than Naked.
- Smog: A rich, golden bronze. Very beautiful and perfect for summer!
- Hustle: A gorgeous, shimmery eggplant purple. A little more appropriate for the fall season, but beautiful none-the-less.
- Creep: Another favorite in the collection; a black polish with tons of silver glitter. I wish the black was more pigmented, but the final result is quite awesome!
After 2-3 coats, each one of these polishes looked great; but I do wish they were all a little more pigmented. I found them all to be quite streaky and thin, so the application wasn’t too pleasant, but the colors themselves are so beautiful, I’m willing to go to 3 coats in order to make them work! These polishes lasted about 2-3 days on me without chipping which isn’t too bad, but not anything exciting either.
Not Urban Decay’s strongest point; and definitely not the ‘queen of nail polishes’ as the Naked eyeshadow palettes would be to the makeup world, but still pretty good and a nice novelty for those who like neutral polishes or the Naked line-up.
PRICE: $26 USD / $30 CAD for 6 x 0.16oz / 5mL