Summer is all about going a little lighter- lighter on the makeup, lighter on the skincare, lighter (and brighter) on the nails… and of course, lighter on the fragrance. Summer fragrances are probably my favorites out of any season of the year, because no matter what the weather is like outside, it makes me feel like it’s a bright, sunny day and I’m ready to go hit the beach, sit on a patio or basque in the sun. Whether they’re fresh and fruity and tropical and flirty, these five fragrances have been in constant rotation for the past few weeks and while I may have some unconventional methods of describing scents, they each smell like summer to me.
- Dior Dior Addict Eau Délice Eau de Toilette: This luscious, fruity & floral blend of cranberries, ylang-ylang and white musks will brighten your mood any time of the day. In fact, Christian Dior designed this fragrance to actually make women feel happier, and it sure does the job. It smells like 5pm fruity cocktails with the girls on a patio in the market.
- Lise Watier Something Sweet Eau de Toilette: For the sweet-tooth that still likes to feel sophisticated; this fragrance captures bubbling Champagne, refreshing Sorbet and even a hint of chocolate. It stays lighthearted and chic throughout, and totally appropriate for champagne and cupcakes to celebrate a special event on a warm summer night.
- Yves Rocher Retropical Eau de Toilette: If you just want to instantly be transported to a warm, sunny beach, then this fragrance is for you. A surprising fusion of floral and fruity notes mixed with a hint of warm, tropical sand carries you away. It’s fresh, it’s floral, it’s fruity, it’s woody… it’s everything all in one, and you’ll almost be able to feel the sand between you toes.
- Victoria’s Secret Bombshell Forever Eau de Parfum: The most provocative fragrance in the bunch- a fresh, feminine scent inspired by warm, lushly fragrant gardens. Bright and fruity top notes give way to fresh floral notes and soft musk. This one is all about hitting the town with the girls and dancing the night away.
- Givenchy Dahlia Noir L’Eau Eau de Toilette: A softer, fresher version of the classic Dahlia Noir- this one bursting with radiant notes of Neroli, rose petals and musk. It’s fresh, refined and clean. It smells like a casual summer afternoon, taking a stroll on the boardwalk or shopping in the market.