This summer is going to be a juicy, colourful one with the new Youngblood Summer 2012 Collection! Available June 1st, this collection features two products from the mineral makeup brand; two new shades of their silky Luminous Crème Blush as well as seven shades of their new Mighty Shiny Lip Gels. It’s a fun collection, and great for summer!
I already reviewed the Youngblood Lumious Crème Blushes ($27 USD) here when they were first released with the Spring 2012 line (four shades to be exact). This season we’re welcoming two new shades that I’m really excited about! The cream blushes come in a pot that looks similar to the old Bobbi Brown Pot Rouges or MAC Tinted Lip Conditioners, in a shallow pot with a twist-off lid. Both of the shades are gorgeous and natural looking, and I’m really happy to see that these blushes leave more of a satin finish instead of a shimmery look like the previous shades did. These are much more natural looking, and really blend into the skin, leaving it with a healthy, natural glow.
The blushes are oil-free and suitable for all skin tones, making them a great summer blush! Just a tiny bit adds some life and color to your complexion, and they blend so flawlessly. Also, you can layer your favorite blush on top to make it last longer throughout the day! The two shades include Plum Satin, a mid-tone rose shade with a hint of shimmer, as well as Pink Cashmere, a matte coral-pink. I love them both, but I think that Pink Cashmere is going to be my go-to shade because it’s matte and looks more bright and summery.
The Lip Glosses
These brand new Youngblood Mighty Shiny Lip Gels ($25 USD) come in seven, gorgeous summery shades! I love the look of the long, sleek squeeze-tube, but it can be a tad tricky to use (you have to make sure to squeeze, let go, then apply the gloss…or else it sucks onto your lip like a vacuum). All of the glosses are petroleum-free, fragrance-free and mineral-oil free and hydrate & revitalize thirsty lips. The formula is a little bit sticky, but still smooth (not goopy).
There are some good and bad news about these glosses- the good news is that they are all gorgeous and feel awesome… the bad news is that they pretty much all look the same. They are super sheer, so really I can hardly tell them apart (just check out the swatches)! Really the only differences I saw were that some have a bit of shimmer, so that is visible, and also the darker colors leave a hint of pink on the lips. So really, you only need to choose one or two, not all of them. I really would love to see some glosses with the same formula, but packed with pigment for a high-color shine. The shades include:
- Stripped: Clear with a green iridescent shimmer- one of my favourites!
- Revealed: Peachy-pink with gold shimmer
- Bared: Soft peach
- Displayed: Orange-red with gold shimmer
- Unveiled: Bright pink- my #1 favorite, and the most pigmented out of them all.
- Confessed: Watermelon red
- Exposed: Violet grape
Look Book: Russian Red
Look Book: Summer Sunset
Look Book: Color Choreography
- Price: $27 USD for 0.21oz / 6g (Blush) and $25 USD for 0.25oz / 7g (Lip Gloss)
- Availability: Youngblood (Click here for a list of retailers)
- Selection: Two cream blushes and seven lip glosses (all shades shown here)
- Overall: I love small collections like these, and I think Youngblood did a great job. I’m so happy to see some more satiny-matte shades of their amazing Luminous Crème Blushes, especially Pink Cashmere. I really like the long-wearing, juicy formula of the Mighty Shiny Lip Gels, but they are so sheer that they pretty much all look the same. Would have loved to see a bit more color in them!
- Rating: A- Overall (Individual products rated above)